Driver Licence Translation Service in 30 minutes, approved by NZTA

We translate driver licences into English for international travellers, students, immigrants, and visitors, so that they can use it legally in New Zealand.
1. Service Description:
  • Certified official English translation.  Approved by New Zealand goverment (NZTA, NZ Transport Agency).
  • 30 Minute Service and 24 Hour Service:  We can complete the translation for you in about 30 minutes (during our normal working hours) or in 24 hours, depending on your need.
  • Only NZ$45 for 24 hour Service (translation ready in 24 hours), or only NZ$58 for 30 Minute Service. 
  • Available 7 days a week, including weekends and public holidays (excluding Christmas day 25 December)
  • Online or in our offices, whichever suits you.
  • Easy payment:  Pay by credit card, online banking, PayPal or other methods.
2.  What country's driver licence can you translate?
We can translate driver licences from all major countries:
  • Chinese driver licence translation (mainland China, Taiwan)
  • Danish driver licence translation  (Denmark)
  • Dutch driver licence translation (the Netherlands, Belgium)
  • Finnish driver licence translation (Finland)
  • French driver licence translation (France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Morocco, New Caledonia, Switzerland, French Polynesia, Quebec)
  • German driver licence translation (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
  • Italian driver licence translation (Italy)
  • Japanese driver licence translation (Japan)
  • Malay driver licence translation (Malaysia)
  • Indonesian driver licence translation (Indonesia)
  • Norwegian driver licence translation (Norway)
  • Portuguese driver licence translation (for Portugal and Brazil)
  • Spanish driver licence translation (Spain, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Uruguay, Venezuela)
  • Swedish driver licence translation (Sweden)
3.   What can I use your translation for?
You can use our certified translation (together with your driver licence):
3a:  To rent a car or van from a  vehical rental company, and/or to drive legally on New Zealand roads for up to 12 months. 
3b:  To have your overseas driver licence converted into a New Zealand driver licence, so that you can drive in NZ permanently.
3c:  To apply for an IRD number (tax number) in New Zealand.
3d:  For other legal purposes.
4.  I would like to use your translation service, what do I need to do now?
     Please email the following information to  Or visit our offices.
(1)  A copy of your driver licence (both sides) and passport (only the page with your photo).  It can be a scanned copy, a photocopy, or images taken with your smart phone or camera.
(2)  Choose 3a, 3b, 3c, or 3d from Section 3 above.  If don't choose one, we will not be able to gurantee that the translation will serve your particular purpose.  This is because that the translation format and layout will be different for diferent purposes. 
(3)  How you would like to receive the translation?
  • By email.  If your purpose is 3a or 3b (see Section 3 above), then this is usually the best option.  However, you must use a colour printer to print the translation.  If your purpose is 3c, then you cannot choose this option.
  • By post.  Please tell us your postal address and postal code.  
    • Regular post to NZ address:  NZ$2
    • Regular post to a country outside NZ:  NZ$9.
    • Courier to NZ address:  NZ$9.
    • Courier to a country outside NZ:  we will let you know after you tell us the country.
  • Pick-up.  You come to our office to collect the translation when we tell you it is ready.  Please tell us which office you would like to come.
(4) Proof of payment.   We need to receive payment proof before we translate for you.  Please make payment by using any method listed on our web page:   After you have made payment sucessfully, please take a photo or a screenshot.
  • If you do it online, please email all the above information in one single email, instead of in several emails. 
  • Before we start translating for you, we need to receive all of the information above, including proof of payment.