We translate driver licences into English for international travellers, students, immigrants, and visitors, so that they can use it legally in New Zealand.
1. Service Description:
- Certified official English translation. Approved by New Zealand government (NZTA, NZ Transport Agency).
- 30 Minute Service and 24 Hour Service: We can complete the translation for you in about 30 minutes (during our normal working hours) or in 24 hours, depending on your need.
- Only NZ$45 for 24 hour Service (translation ready in 24 hours), or only NZ$58 for 30 Minute Service.
- Available 7 days a week, including weekends and public holidays (excluding Christmas day 25 December)
- Online or in our offices, whichever suits you.
- Easy payment: Pay by credit card, online banking, PayPal or other methods.
2. What country's driver licence can you translate?
We can translate driver licences from all major countries:
- Chinese driver licence translation (mainland China, Taiwan)
- Danish driver licence translation (Denmark)
- Dutch driver licence translation (the Netherlands, Belgium)
- Finnish driver licence translation (Finland)
- French driver licence translation (France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Morocco, New Caledonia, Switzerland, French Polynesia, Quebec)
- German driver licence translation (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
- Italian driver licence translation (Italy)
- Japanese driver licence translation (Japan)
- Malay driver licence translation (Malaysia)
- Indonesian driver licence translation (Indonesia)
- Norwegian driver licence translation (Norway)
- Portuguese driver licence translation (for Portugal and Brazil)
- Spanish driver licence translation (Spain, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Uruguay, Venezuela)
- Swedish driver licence translation (Sweden)
3. What can I use your translation for?
You can use our certified translation (together with your driver licence):
3a: To rent a car or van from a vehicle rental company, and/or to drive legally on New Zealand roads for up to 12 months.
3b: To have your overseas driver licence converted into a New Zealand driver licence, so that you can drive in NZ permanently.
3c: To apply for an IRD number (tax number) in New Zealand.
3d: For other legal purposes (such as NZ banks, immigration, courts)
4. I would like to use your translation service, what do I need to do now?
(1) A copy of your driver licence (both sides) and passport (only the page with your photo). It can be a scanned copy, a photocopy, or images taken with your smart phone or camera.
(2) Tell us what you will use the translation for. Please choose 3a, 3b, 3c, or 3d from Section 3 above. If you do not tell us, we will not be able to guarantee that the translation will serve your particular purpose. This is because that the translation format and layout will be different for different purposes.
(3) Proof of payment. We need to receive payment proof before we translate for you. Please make payment by using any method listed on our web page: www.aktranslation.co.nz/payment. After you have made payment successfully, please take a photo or a screenshot, and email it to us
(4) Tell us how you would like to receive the translation? Please choose one method below.
- By email. If your purpose is 3a or 3b (see Section 3 above), then this is usually the best option for you. However, you must use a colour printer to print the translation document. If your purpose is 3c, then you cannot choose this option.
- Pick-up. You come to our office to collect the translation. Please tell us which office you would like to come.
- By post. Please tell us your postal address and postal code. There will be additional fee as details as below. We recommend that you choose courier instead of regular post. With regular post, neither we nor NZ Post will gurantee that the translation document will reach you, as there is no tracking number for it.
- Regular post to NZ address: NZ$2
- Courier to NZ address: NZ$9.
- Regular post to a country outside NZ: NZ$9.
- Courier to a country outside NZ: we will let you know after you tell us the country.
- If you do it online, it is better that you email all the above information to us in one single email, instead of in several emails. This can speed up the translation process.
- Before we start translating for you, we need to receive all of the information above, including proof of payment.