1. What is online certified translation service?
Traditionally, if you need an officially certified translation, you will need to come to our office. With online certified translation service, you do not need to travel to our office. Instead, you email us the documents. We will prepare and certify the translation, and email you the translation as a PDF attachment. This saves you time and petrol.
2. Can I still have a hard copy of the translation document?
Yes, you can if you need it. We can post or courier the translation document to you.
However, in the majority of cases, a hard copy of the translation document is not necessary.
For example: If you apply a visa online, you will only need to submit your supporting documents (including certified translations) in PDF format. If you want to convert your overseas driver licence into a NZ one, we can email you a certified translation as a PDF attachment. You only need to print it with a colour printer. NZ Transport Agency and its agents (such as AA offices) will accept such colour printouts.
3. What documents can be translated by using your online certified translation service?
All documents. In fact, over 90% of our customers use our online certified translation service, instead of coming to our office.
4. What are the specific steps for me to get a certified translation online?
The steps varies a little, depending on the type of document you want translated:
- Overseas driver’s licenses: please follow the instructions on section 4 of our webpage: www.aktranslation.co.nz/driver-licence
- Police Certificates (only those from German, France and China), Birth/marriage/divorce certificates (only those from China), and ID cards (only those from Malaysia and China):
- Make payment. The translation fee for the these documents are fixed at $49 per document. Please add $9 if you want us to courier the translation to you. Visit our webpage: www.aktranslation.co.nz/payment, choose one method, and follow the payment instruction.
- Email your documents, phone number and proof of payment to email@example.com. When we complete the translation for you, we will email it to you. If you need us to courier the translation to you, please tell us your postal address. If you prefer to pick up the translation, please let us know which office you would like to come.
- All other documents: Email us your document for a quote. We usually reply emails in less than 30 minutes during our business hours. In our quote, we will also tell you:
- how much it will cost.
- how long we would complete the translation for you.
- what are the next steps if you decide to accept our quote.