A driver licence is also known as a driving licence, a driving permit, or a driver’s license.
We are authorised by New Zealand government to translate overseas driver licences.
We are based in Auckland, New Zealand. However, we provide our driver licence translation service to people all over New Zealand (including Christchurch, Wellington, Queenstown, Hamilton), Australia, France, Germany, China, the Netherlands and other countries.
1. What country’s driver licences can you translate?
We can translate driver licences from all major countries:
- Arabic Driver Licence translation (please click it to see more information)
- Chinese driver licence translation
- Danish driver licence translation (Denmark)
- Dutch driver licence translation (the Netherlands, Belgium)
- Finnish driver licence translation (Finland)
- French driver licence translation
- German driver licence translation
- Italian driver licence translation (Italy)
- Japanese driver licence translation (Japan)
- Malay driver licence translation (Malaysia)
- Indonesian driver licence translation (Indonesia)
- Norwegian driver licence translation (Norway)
- Portuguese driver licence translation (for Portugal and Brazil)
- Spanish driver licence translation
- Swedish driver licence translation (Sweden)
- Other languages and other countries
2. Why Use Our Service?
- Certified official English translation. Approved by New Zealand government (NZTA, NZ Transport Agency).
- Great Price and Fast Services:
- Only NZ$45 for each driver licence for Standard Service: We will complete the translation for you in about 24 hours. or
- Only NZ$58 for each driver licence for Urgent Service: We complete the translation for you in about 30 minutes (during our normal working hours)
- Available 7 days a week, including weekends and public holidays (excluding Christmas day 25 December)
- Easy payment: Pay by credit card, online banking, PayPal or other methods.
3. I would like to use your translation service, what do I need to do now?
Please email the following information to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A copy of your driver licence (both sides). It can be a scanned copy, a photocopy, or images taken with your smart phone or camera.
- Tell us what you will use the translation for (please choose one from below):
- 3a: To rent a car or van from a vehicle rental company, and/or to drive on New Zealand roads.
- 3b: To rent a car or van from a vehicle rental company, and/or to drive in Australia.
- 3c: To have your overseas driver licence converted into a New Zealand driver licence.
- 3d: To apply for an IRD number (tax number) in New Zealand.
- 3e: For other purposes in New Zealand (such as NZ banks, immigration, courts). Please specify.
If you do not tell us your purpose, we will not be able to guarantee that our translation will serve your particular purpose. This is because different government departments have different requirements about translation format and layout.
- Proof of payment. The amount of fee you need to pay is at Section 2 of this page. Please make payment by using any method listed on our web page: www.aktranslation.co.nz/pay.
- If possible, please email all the above information to us in one single email, instead of in several emails. This can speed up our translation process for you.