A driver licence is also known as a driving licence, a driving permit, or a driver’s license.
Auckland Translations Ltd translate overseas driver licences into English, so that you can use it legally in New Zealand.
- Approved by New Zealand government (New Zealand Transport Agency).
- All major languages.
- Online or in our offices, whichever suits you.
- Easy payment: Pay by credit card, online banking, PayPal or other methods.
- Fast and price competitive
1. Price and Turnaround Time:
- Fast Service (24 hours): Only NZ$45 for each driver licence. We will complete the translation for you in 24 hours. or
- Urgent Service (half an hour): Only NZ$58 for each driver licence. We will complete the translation for you in 30 minutes.
2. What country’s driver licence can you translate?
We can translate driver licences from all major countries:
- Arabic Driver Licence translation (please click it to see more information)
- Chinese driver licence translation
- Danish driver licence translation (Denmark)
- Dutch driver licence translation (the Netherlands, Belgium)
- Finnish driver licence translation (Finland)
- French driver licence translation
- German driver licence translation
- Italian driver licence translation (Italy)
- Japanese driver licence translation (Japan)
- Malay driver licence translation (Malaysia)
- Indonesian driver licence translation (Indonesia)
- Norwegian driver licence translation (Norway)
- Portuguese driver licence translation (for Portugal and Brazil)
- Spanish driver licence translation
- Swedish driver licence translation (Sweden)
- Other languages and other countries
3. What can I use your translation for?
You can use our certified translation (together with your overseas driver licence):
3a: To rent a car or van from a vehicle rental company, and/or to drive legally on New Zealand roads for up to 12 months.
3b: To rent a car or van from a vehicle rental company, and/or to drive legally on Australia roads for up to 6-12 months (depending on which state you are visiting).
3c: To have your overseas driver licence converted into a New Zealand driver licence, so that you can drive in NZ permanently.
3b: To apply for an IRD number (tax number) in New Zealand.
3e: For other legal purposes in New Zealand (such as NZ banks, immigration, courts)
4. I would like to use your translation service, what do I need to do now?
- A copy of your driver licence (both sides) and passport (only the page with your photo). It can be a scanned copy, a photocopy, or images taken with your smart phone or camera.
- Tell us what you will use the translation for. Please choose 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d or 3e from Section 3 above. If you do not tell us, we will not be able to guarantee that the translation will serve your particular purpose. This is because that the translation format and layout will be different for different purposes.
- Proof of payment. We need to receive payment proof before we translate for you. The amount of fee you need to pay is at Section 2 of this page. You may any method listed on our web page: www.aktranslation.co.nz/payment. After you have made payment successfully, please take a photo or a screenshot.
- If you do it online, it is better that you email all the above information to us in one single email, instead of in several emails. This can help us to speed up the translation process for you.