Vacancy: Mandarin Chinese Translator / Project Administrator
Hours of Work: full time or part time.
Place of Work: 331 Rosedale Road, Albany, Northshore, Auckland 0632
Main duties of the role:
- Translate driver licences and non-technical documents, mostly from Chinese to English.
- Answer customers phone calls in English and in Mandarin; write emails to customers in English and in simplified Chinese.
- Administer and manage translation projects: emailing quotes to potential clients, emailing documents to our translators to translate, preparing final paperwork for clients.
- Other admin and general office tasks.
- English Language Skills: Having studied for at least 2 years in a secondary school where science or math was taught in English language (the schools can be in NZ, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, or any English speaking country), or having an overall IELTS test score of at least 7.
- Chinese Language Skills: Having lived in a Chinese-speaking family environment (or studied in a secondary school where mandarin was the teaching language; or worked in a Chinese-speaking work environment) for at least 2 years. You need to be able to speak fluent mandarin, and know Hanyu Pinyin spellings for the majority of the commonly-used Chinese characters.
- Office experience and Computer skills: Have good knowledge on computer/internet, and familiar with MS Word.
- Have a tertiary qualification or are studying for one.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Residency/Visa: Applicants must be NZ (or Australia) citizen or permanent residents, or have a valid visa that entitles you to work in NZ.
Experience and qualification in translation is not required, as on-the-job training will be provided.
If you meet ALL the above criteria and are interested in the position, please email the following to email@example.com with ADM-FPF0202 & your name in the email subject line:
- Current CV
- Completed application form. Please download the application form from: here
- Other information you think may help your application.